Before the Mortgage
There are some new types of mortgages on the market today:
· Graduated payment mortgages
· Deferred interest loans are monthly payments that start lower than usual in the early years, to assist home buyers purchase more houses along with buying sooner and qualifying for a lower mortgage payment.
Choosing your new home
Finding the perfect new home is an invigorating experience. So before you start looking make a list of all the type of home you are seeking. Example: 3-4 bedrooms, 2 ½ bath, how far is the mall, grocery store, schools, parks? Put things on the list you find important in your current life.
- Are you looking for improvement in the community you pick?
- What things do you want to avoid?
- What things do you like and dislike?
- Is this your last move or is it short term?
- Will you feel safe here?
- Where can you do your shopping?
- Have you visited the property during the day light hours as well as the evening hours?
- If this is a short term home, will it be appealing to others when it is time to sale?
- What natural features are you looking for? (Hills, Woods, Streams, Ocean, Hills, Forest, ponds, etc.)
- Are you looking for urban, semi-rural, rural, or suburban?
- What is the population density is it low, medium, or high?
- Is the population decreasing, increasing, or stable?
- How far is your commute to work?
- Will you be walking, driving, car pooling, taxi, bus, train?
- Is there public transportation?
- How long will it take to get to work in the morning and home in the evening?
- Is convenience very important to you?
- What educational needs does your family require (kindergarten, elementary, high school, college, university or vocational)?
- Would you like the convenience of recreation and entertainment?
- Do you want to live near Museums, Movie Theaters, Restaurants, Parks, and Private Clubs, Sports facilities, athletic clubs, the library, or hobby shops?
If you haven’t already, then you needs, Golf to purchase homes-for-sale- magazines, visit some open houses, and start looking through classifieds this will educate you on what homes are on the market, purchase prices, and listing price as well.